- INGEDE invites all members of the paper chain to the INGEDE Seminar in Milano, Jolly Hotel Touring, on Tuesday, Oct 18, 2007.
Recent surveys promise a bright future for print media: Advertisers realise that today they can reach a much wider audience by print media than by tv. With more and more programmes, single tv spots become inefficient.
But print media consist not only of editorial content and advertisement - they are made of paper. A lot of them are made of recycled paper, and if not, at least they will be recycled.
And recycling becomes more and more difficult. Advertisers demand brighter paper, but the resource that the paper industry gets becomes worse. New printing technologies create problems, some make paper even unrecyclable. More efficient collection systems can also mean a decrease in the average quality of the recovered paper.
Printers, publishers, advertisers, art directors: Are you aware of the problems that your printed products can create - or avoid, if you make the right choices? Ink and printer manufacturers: Are you aware of the problems your products can create?
The "European Declaration on Paper Recycling" sets recycling targets in quantity and quality. This self commitment is signed and supported by many members of the paper value chain publishers, printers, ink and adhesive manufacturers, paper industry and others (see www.paperrecovery.org). It is the responsibility of all single members of this value chain to bring the targets to life.
INGEDE seeks the cooperation of the members of the paper chain to deal with the problems of paper recycling. This cooperation has already led to significant progress and awareness. At a seminar, INGEDE offers you backgrounds and insight into processes and developments.
Agenda (presentations downloadable – click on the pdf icon)
- Introduction of INGEDE (Ulrich Höke, Chairman of INGEDE)
- Paper collection systems and quality (Gianfranco Gaiano, Burgo Group)
- Assessment of Recyclability (Andreas Faul, INGEDE)
- Issues on Recyclability of digital printing (Graziano Elegir, SSCCP)
- Daily Challenges in a Deinking Mill (Massimo Beltrame, Burgo Group)
- Flexo Inks latest progress in deinking
(P. Messori, Selpi & Gianfranco Gaiano, Burgo Group)
- La Repubblica Un giornale tutto a colori
(Giuseppe Pompameo, Grupo Espresso)
- Wrap-up and Closure (Ulrich Höke, Chairman of INGEDE)
The presentations will be given in Italian or translated simultaneously into Italian.
The number of participants for this seminar is limited. The attendance fee is 80 € per company for up to three participants. For each additional participant 25 € will be charged. If you intend to participate, please contact us for registration by 31 August 2007 by e-mail to email@example.com.